Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Another sign?

In case we weren't 100% sure that we made the correct decision to move in 23 days (but who's counting?), the signs just keep coming.

Saturday afternoon, I'm in my room, leisurely watching some crappy marathon on MTV when all of a sudden I hear a loud pop and the electricity goes out. I walk out of my room, Jaclyn's having a minor panic attack and the entire apartment smells like a Whirlyball court.

Apparently as Jaclyn was plugging in her straightener, a bunch sparks shot out of the outlet and blew a fuse. That Whirlyball smell was probably ozone from the sparks (thanks, Wikipedia Reference desk/Archives/Miscellaneous). So we flip the circuit back on and go check out this outlet. Brett tries to get a closer look at the outlet in question and simply nudges it with his finger. More sparks. More fuses blown. Slightly more profanity.

TIME TO MOVE.

Oh, and then there's this. I mean, if we're moving into a new place and we're considering redecorating, we should totally make this the centerpiece of our new living room.

1 comment: