Monday, March 8, 2010

Don't call it a comeback.

So, um, sorry about going a little AWOL there for the last couple weeks. Except I didn’t really go anywhere. I was around, I just wasn’t writing. I mean, I was writing, I just wasn't writing here.

I’ve been really busy with freelance lately. Like up to my eyeballs busy with freelance. Which is a good problem to have. But for a couple weeks there, I had three different assignments in the hopper* at once. There wasn’t really enough time for sleep, let alone enough for extra-curricular writing.

Seriously, I came dangerously close to a couple of Jessie Spano-esque breakdowns. Except instead of reaching for the caffeine pills, I was going straight for the coffee. Lots of coffee. We're talking legit shakes and everything. I’m not sure if this makes me more or less of a hard ass than Jessie Spano, but pretty sure I won’t like the answer to that one.



Anyway, I’m just going to say I spent the last couple weeks on hiatus or sabbatical or something and hope it sounds like I was doing something really cool and creative. And not just, you know, sitting at my kitchen table in sweatpants, throwing back pots of coffee and writing until 3 am.

*This is probably one of those phrases I use that makes my roommates just stare at me and say, “where do you come up with these expressions?!” Hair of the dog, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment