Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Rant. Rave. Et cetera. Et cetera.

So a buddy of mine asked if this is going to be a collection of rants, and if so, could he have a guest rant once a week. I don’t think that was really my intention with this whole blog thing, but I had to stop and think of what I would normally write to my email buddy. Yes, there were probably some rants in there. But there were also what I like to think were interesting observations and musings.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got a lot of rants. (The blatant misuse of exclamation points. The entire concept behind running skirts. Female sportscasters. I could go on.) And who doesn’t love a good diatribe? I just don’t want that to become my schtick. Like Seinfeld’s “Have you ever noticed…” or Jeff Foxworthy’s “You might be a redneck…” or whatever it is that makes people think Dane Cook is funny. I don’t want to be The Girl Who Rants. Especially since, at this point, I’m the Girl Who Rants About Facebook. A.) Yikes. and B.) Sounds about right.

So here’s hoping there’s more to me than angry fist-shaking and snarky Facebook hating. It’s not like I’m walking around, all full of anger all the time. I just have a lot of feelings.



Editor’s note: You should probably go watch Mean Girls right now. Or as soon as you can. It’s a great movie. You’ve got the comedic stylings of Tina Fey, early Rachel McAdams and the only worthwhile thing Lindsay Lohan ever did.

Oh, and that near-rhyme in the last paragraph? The one above the clip? It kills me.

No comments:

Post a Comment