Friday, January 22, 2010

Not sure if you're listed as "single" on Facebook...

But the ads they put on the side of the page--the ones that take information from your profile and try to use it to their advantage--have really gotten out of control. If you're single, they’re always for dating sites. I have no idea what it is in my profile that suggests I want to meet single dads in my area. And since I removed "single millionaires looking for love" from my interests, I'm not sure what makes Mark Zuckerberg think I'm in the market for a rich old man. But today, they crossed the line. There’s an ad in the margin that says, "See who’s searching for you!" on some crappy dating site I've never even heard of. The picture? Leonardo DiCaprio. Thank you, Facebook. I'm sure Leo checks his online dating profile every hour to see if someone like me has messaged him. "Hey, I know this is random, but I came across your picture on stupidsinglesdatingsite.com and I was wondering if you'd maybe want to get coffee sometime? I'm sure we'd have lots to talk about, seeing as how you’re a famous movie star in Hollywood and I'm an unemployed copywriter who lives in a basement apartment in Chicago. Well, message me back if you're interested. Oh, and I know you used to date Giselle. I see that as no problem whatsoever. Thanks."

1 comment:

  1. Hate to burst your bubble, B, but I heard Leo's gay. You can do better.

    ReplyDelete